Awards recognize excellence for graduate and professional school faculty
Emory Report | May 14, 2019
Recipients of the 2019 Provost’s Distinguished Teaching Award include Ramnath K. Chellappa, associate professor of information systems and operations management in Goizueta Business School.
The Provost's Distinguished Teaching Award for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Education recognizes outstanding scholars who excel as teachers within formal and informal educational settings.
The award is given at Commencement to one faculty member in each of the seven graduate and professional schools in recognition of the important role of exceptional teaching in graduate and professional education.
The 2019 honorees:
- Lisa Bernstein 98MR, associate professor of medicine, School of Medicine
- Ramnath K. Chellappa, associate professor of information systems and operations management, Goizueta Business School
- Mitchel Klein 98G, research associate professor, environmental health and epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health
- Ellen Ott Marshall, associate professor of Christian ethics and conflict transformation, James T. Laney School of Graduate Studies
- Kelly L. Wiltse Nicely, assistant professor of nursing, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Nichole R. Phillips, associate professor of sociology, religion and culture, Candler School of Theology
- Kamina Pinder, assistant professor of practice, School of Law
Eleanor Main Graduate Faculty Mentor Award
Named for an extraordinary faculty member, mentor and Emory leader, the Eleanor Main Graduate Faculty Mentor Award is presented each year to recognized those who set the standard for mentoring excellence at Emory.
The 2019 honoree:
- David S. Pacini, professor of historical and philosophical theology, Candler School of Theology, and professor in the Graduate Division of Religion in Laney Graduate School