'Operation: Eat Right' nutrition challenge keeps employees on track for the summer
Emory Report | June 2, 2020
Track your eating habits and learn some new ways to improve your nutrition during Operation: Eat Right, June 1-July 12. View the video to meet Super Dietitian and learn how to earn points toward your Emory medical plan incentives by completing Eating Healthy Journeys.
Emory’s annual summer nutrition challenge, Operation: Eat Right, returns for the third year with some new ways of helping employees improve their health habits. The challenge, which runs June 1 – July 12, focuses on five Eating Healthy Journeys:
- More Veggies in No Time: Become a veggie master by experimenting with new options and easy preparation.
- Smart Portions: Brush up on simple tricks to make smart portion choices that will help you reach your goals.
- Eat Like a Mediterranean: Follow the guidelines of Mediterranean-style eating to build healthy meals and snacks.
- Go Mediterranean: Learn how this diet can help you lose weight and lower your risk of heart disease.
- Fit in More Fruit: Discover new tastes and try new ways to add fruit to your meals and snacks.
“During this time, many employees are struggling with maintaining healthy eating habits,” says Dawn McMillian, registered dietitian and senior wellness specialist. “Operation: Eat Right gives employees a fun opportunity to improve their nutrition.”
“Reaching a personal health goal starts with a single step and everyone has different goals they are trying to achieve,” she adds. “This year we wanted to give employees the flexibility to choose what area of nutrition they wanted to focus on. Eating Healthy Journeys are daily, self-guided courses designed to help employees build healthy habits in their personal areas of interest.”
The challenge is run through Healthy Emory Connect, Emory’s health and wellness platform and mobile app.
Participation from the inaugural challenge in 2018 to 2019 almost doubled. “Both of those years were built around week-long Healthy Habit Challenges,” McMillian says. “This year we hope to continue to grow participation by broadening the nutritional areas of focus.”
Completing the Eating Healthy Journeys earns points toward medical incentives and enters participants for the chance to win prizes.
Participants are joined on the journey by Super Dietitian, the Healthy Emory team’s animated nutrition sidekick. Learn more in the introduction video or on the Operation: Eat Right webpage. Email Healthy Emory if you have questions.