Take Note >>
Center for Creativity and the Arts hosts Wonderful Wednesday performances
Emory Report | Oct. 18, 2016
The Center for Creativity and Arts will host its first-ever Wonderful Wednesday this week, highlighting the vast arts community at Emory.
An Emory staple, the Center for Creativity and Arts hopes the event will provide insight into the opportunities and events related to the arts on campus and also promote student artists. The free event will take place at 12 p.m. Oct. 19 in Asbury Circle.
Representatives from the following programs will be present at the event to answer questions: Emory Dance, Emory University Department of Music, Emory University Film & Media Studies, Theater Emory, the Creative Writing Program, Art History Program and Integrated Visual Arts Co-Major.
Additionally, there will be activities for students to take part in during the event, such as spray painting by numbers.
Wonderful Wednesday will feature performances by the following student artists:
- Zach Issenberg, reading select works from "Self-Portraits" poetry collection and two poems by John Berrymam, at 12:15 p.m.
- Emory Dance, performing Work by George Staib’s Modern III course, at 12:30 p.m.
- Rathskellar Comedy Improv Troupe performing at 12:45 p.m.
- ChaiTunes, Emory’s Jewish a capella group, performing at 1:15 p.m.
- Alisha Cheung performing at 1:30 p.m.
- Talia Green and Becca Nation performing at 1:45 p.m.
For more information, visit the Facebook event page.