EmoryTogether Fund now accepting applications
Emory Report | Nov. 6, 2020
To help students experiencing financial hardship directly related to the impact of COVID-19, the EmoryTogether Fund will begin accepting applications for fall semester and winter break assistance. The EmoryTogether Fund was created to help degree-seeking undergraduate, graduate and professional students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Awards are intended to assist with eligible expenses but likely will not cover 100% of students' needs. Most awards are between $50 and $500. Students may request EmoryTogether Fund assistance once per semester.
Fall 2020 semester
- Students may apply to the fund until Dec. 15.
- Students who need assistance over winter break must apply by Dec. 15.
Spring 2021 semester
- Students may apply to the fund between Feb. 1 and March 15.
Enrolled, degree-seeking Emory students with demonstrated and verifiable evidence of financial hardship related to COVID-19 may apply to the EmoryTogether Fund.
- Includes full- or part-time students
- Includes undergraduate, graduate, or professional students in any of Emory's nine schools
- Includes students on any form of financial scholarship
- Includes Emory employee family members receiving courtesy scholarships
- Excludes nondegree students
- Excludes Emory employees on courtesy scholarships (Note: Emory employees have access to other hardship funds for support.)
Student Expenses Eligible for Support
- Rent or mortgage assistance
- Medical expenses related to COVID-19, including medication, co-pays, or care
- Internet service
- The Fund Does Not Cover
- Expenses that cannot be directly attributed to conditions caused by COVID-19
- Expenses for anyone other than the eligible student
- Scholarship or financial aid support; requests in these categories should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid
- Reimbursement of moving expenses coordinated and paid for by students and families
- Recreational activities
- Travel expenses
For more information, visit the EmoryTogether Fund website.