Take Note >>
Nominate staff for 2019 Award of Distinction by Aug. 29
Emory Report | Aug. 19, 2019
Nominations are currently open for Emory University’s Award of Distinction. The program, which began in 2007, recognizes staff members who have consistently demonstrated outstanding job performance and who have made specific contributions that have impacted their department/school or the university.
Between 10 and 15 award recipients are selected each year. They each receive a $1,000 award and are recognized at a dinner with President Claire E. Sterk.
Examples of the work employees might be nominated for include:
- Development of a program or process that directly impacts one or more of the four pillars of the university’s strategic framework.
- Creative suggestion or initiative resulting in a new successful program or service for a department or for the university.
- Exceptional contribution which advances and supports the quality of teaching or research.
- Innovation resulting in increased efficiency or decreased costs in a department or for the university.
- Longtime, exceptional service and dedication to Emory which has led to a legacy of achievement over the span of one’s career.
The full list of categories, nomination criteria and the online submission form are available here.
All regular full- and part-time university staff who have been employed for at least one year are eligible. Previous awardees can also be nominated.
Emory Healthcare employees, faculty, faculty equivalents, librarians and retirees are not eligible to participate in this program.
Nominations must be submitted by Thursday, Aug. 29, at 5 p.m.