Join EmoryThanks on Nov. 8 to show gratitude to Emory donors
Emory Report | Oct. 31, 2018
On Thursday, Nov. 8, the campus community is invited to stop by 11 EmoryThanks locations, including the main station at Asbury Circle, to write notes and take photos and videos thanking donors for their support.
The third annual EmoryThanks day, an opportunity for the campus community to thank Emory donors, will be Thursday, Nov. 8.
Participants are invited to stop by any of 11 stations, including one on the Oxford College campus, to write a note and take photos or videos thanking Emory donors for their generous gifts that impact every part of Emory and contribute to Emory’s quality of life.
The central station with Emory College and the Carlos Museum will be from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Cox Bridge. Each school will also have its own EmoryThanks station, as well as stations at Woodruff Library and a joint station representing Campus Life and Athletics, each with treats or prizes for participants.
Students, faculty, staff and organizations can share their gratitude for Emory donors on social media using #EmoryThanks on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Schools, units and organizations are encouraged to re-post on their own accounts using #EmoryThanks.
Not sure what Emory donors support? Have you…
- received a scholarship or financial aid?
- studied in the library?
- lived in a residence hall on campus?
- downloaded an e-book from the library?
- studied an object from the Carlos Museum?
- been to a doctor at Student Health Services?
- performed research?
- visited or had a class in the Rose Library?
- attended a public lecture on campus?
Then you’ve been impacted by Emory donors!
Did you know:
- 94 percent of annual gifts made to Emory last year were less than $1,000. These gifts provided nearly $5.3 million in support!
- 70 percent of Emory students receive financial aid.
- Since 2013, Emory alumni, friends, parents, and others have donated more than $135 million toward Emory’s Scholarship Endowment Initiative, in some cases providing matching funds to encourage others to join the movement.
For questions or more information regarding EmoryThanks, contact Brandon Gardner, associate director of advancement events, 404-712-4742, firstname.lastname@example.org.