Emory primary care grows with nine new clinics and a clinic expansion
Woodruff Health Sciences Center | Sept. 13, 2017
To meet the growing demand of patients in need of primary care providers, Emory Healthcare is expanding its primary care services with the opening of nine new clinics and adding extra providers to a tenth.
Each primary care clinic will be staffed with a health care team, including a physician and/or nurse practitioner and accompanying staff. Some of the clinics will offer health coaches, sometimes referred to as health/patient navigators, who work with the providers and patients to keep track of and manage patients' health care goals.
Locations of the new primary care clinics are as follows:
- Emory Clinic, 2100 Roswell Rd., Marietta, Ga. 30062 - (open)
- Emory Clinic, 1570 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Roswell, Ga. 30076 - (open)
- Emory Clinic at Old Fourth Ward, 740 Ralph McGill Blvd NE, Atlanta, Ga. 30312 (open)
- Emory Clinic, 705 Town Blvd., Brookhaven, Ga. 30319 – (open)
- Emory Clinic, 158 West Ponce de Leon Ave., Decatur, Ga. 30030 – (opening Oct. 6)
- Emory at Peachtree Hills, 2200 Peachtree Rd., Atlanta, Ga. 30309 (opening in Nov.)
- Emory at Belmont, 1060 Windy Hill Rd. SE, Smyrna, Ga. 30080-2064 (opening in Nov.)
- Emory Clinic, 1850 East-West Connector, Austell, Ga. 30106 – (opening TBA)
- Emory Clinic, 3780 Old Norcross Rd., Duluth, Ga. 30096 – (opening TBA)
Meanwhile, Emory Clinic at Midtown, which has been at Emory University Hospital Midtown, 550 Peachtree St. NE in Atlanta, since 2002, is expanding its services to keep up with a growing patient base. Two new doctors and a nurse practitioner are joining this practice.
"We are tremendously excited to offer more primary care access and nearby locations to our patients," says Ted Johnson, MD, MPH, program director for Emory Primary Care. "These new clinics provide a health home base that will allow us to help our patients and their families better meet their health needs – whether simple or serious."
For more information on Emory's primary care services and locations, visit: http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/locations/index.html?type=primary or call Emory HealthConnection at 404-778-7777.