Take Note >>
Crystal Apple Awards honor excellence in teaching
Emory Report | March 22, 2016
Eight Emory faculty members are this year's recipients of the student-driven Crystal Apple Awards.
The Crystal Apple Awards honor faculty members who go above and beyond in their search for knowledge and involvement in the Emory community. The awards are sponsored by the Residence Hall Association. Each year, students are asked to nominate their professors based on select criteria.
This year's honorees include the following:
- Excellence in Undergraduate Seminar Education: Marshall Duke, Charles Howard Candler Professor of Psychology
- Excellence in Undergraduate Large Class Education: Hugo Mialon, associate professor of economics
- Excellence in Professional School Education/Instruction: Ginny Secor, assistant clinical professor, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Excellence in Undergraduate Business Education/Instruction: Charles Goetz, senior lecturer in organization and management, Goizueta Business School
- Excellence in Undergraduate Nursing Education/Instruction: Ann Connor, associate clinical professor, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Excellence in Graduate Education/Instruction: Anthony Briggman, assistant professor, Candler School of Theology
- Laura Jones Hardman Award for Excellence in Service to the Emory Community: Carol Anderson, Samuel Candler Dobbs Professor of African American Studies
- William H. Fox Jr. Award for Emerging Excellence: Boris Nikolaev, assistant professor of economics, Oxford College