Take Note >>
Popular personal finance workshop series returns
Emory Report | Sept. 17, 2015
The Emory WorkLife Resource Center continues its popular workshop series, Finance Matters, beginning Friday, Sept. 25, and running each Friday, except Oct. 30, through Nov. 6.
The center partners with SmartPath Financial Solutions for a series specifically designed to educate Emory employees on topics related to personal finances by fostering an understanding of money management principles.
This fall’s workshops will address a diverse range of personal finance topics such as dealing with basic budgeting, managing debt and credit, understanding the principles of investing, homeownership, and managing financial stress.
The sessions will be taught by Alok Desphande, founder of SmartPath Financial Solutions.
"For the past four years the WorkLife resource center has partnered with Alok Desphande, founder of SmartPath Solutions to bring many great, vibrant and informative financial workshops,” says Aaronnette Jackson, WorkLife associate. "We look forward to having another successful and engaging series this fall."
While demand is high, anyone interested can still register for any or all of the workshops, Jackson says.
The following sessions, all of which begin at noon, are planned:
- "SmartPath Session I: Get Your Money Right - Financial Strategy," Room 201 in the east wing of Goizueta Business School, Sept. 25
- "SmartPath Session II: Hello My Name is Debt," Room W131 in Goizueta Business School, Oct. 2
- "SmartPath Session III: Homeowner: The Cash Black Hole," Room W131 in Goizueta Business School, Oct. 16
- "SmartPath Session IV: Picking Your 401(K) Investments - Part 1," Room W131 in Goizueta Business School, Oct. 23
- "SmartPath Session V: Picking Your 401(K) Investments -Part 2," Room W131 in Goizueta Business School, Nov. 6