Take Note >>
Explore compliance and ethics during Compliance Week
By Megan McRainey | Emory Report | May 6, 2014
Compliance and ethics are the focus of Compliance Week 2014 May 5-9 at Emory. Show support for compliance and ethics by participating in a variety of campus activities:
- Take a survey to earn a small thank-you gift.
- Enjoy complimentary cookies served up with "recipes for compliance" from the Research Compliance and Administrative Compliance offices. Cookies will be available at the Winship Cancer Institute, May 5, 1 – 2 p.m.; Woodruff Memorial Building., May 7, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; Rollins Research Center, May 9 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Write a short essay for a contest. A $50 gift certificate will be awarded to the winner.
- Learn the unique-to-Emory LENS method for ethical decision-making either online or in the classroom:
- Online 24/7: To enroll, log in to ELMS at then Browse > "Administrative Compliance" > "Ethically Engaged @ Emory" – Choose online module.
- Live classroom: Friday, May 9, 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., 1599 Clifton Road Room 1.432. Wrestle with "right versus wrong" and "right versus right" in morally challenging workplace scenarios. To enroll, log in to ELMS at then Browse > "Administrative Compliance" > "Ethically Engaged @ Emory." Choose Classroom option. Bring your lunch.
- Plan a facilitated ethics educational session for your department. Email Sarah Putney to request and schedule a session.