Take Note >>
Emeritus College seeks award nominations
Emory Report | June 24, 2013
Nominate emeritus faculty for the Emory University Emeritus College (EUEC) awards for 2013 in two categories: Distinguished Emeritus/Emerita Award and Distinguished Service Award.
Nominations are due by Friday, June 28 and can be submitted via email to Emeritus College Director Susanne Thomas, mailed or hand-delivered it to the EUEC office at The Luce Center, 825 Houston Mill Road.
Final selections will be made by July 31. The selection committee includes four former award recipients.
Eligibility requirements for the Distinguished Emeritus/ Emerita Award are:
- All who hold the title of emeritus/emerita.
- Regular membership status in the EUEC for at least two years.
- Significant professional contributions that reflect the spirit of Emory to Emory University and its affiliated institutions, before and more importantly since retirement.
- Contributions to local, state, regional, national or international communities or professional organizations.
Eligibility requirements for the Distinguished Service Award are:
- All regular and associate EUEC members.
- Membership in the EUEC for at least two years.
- Significant documented contributions that reflect the spirit of Emory in service to Emory University and its affiliated institutions as well as to local, state, regional, national or international communities or other organizations. These contributions must have been made since retirement and are beyond those used to support a previous Distinguished Emeritus/ Emerita Award.
For more information, visit www.emory.edu/emeritus.