Take Note >>
Class and labor focus groups added for Grady Campus
Emory Report | June 6, 2012
The Committee on Class and Labor and the Employee Council are hosting a series of focus groups for employees to share their perceptions about work and status at Emory. Two additional employee focus groups have been added for the Grady Memorial Hospital campus.
Focus groups will meet in the Emory Faculty Office Building, Room 200, 49 Jesse Hill Jr. Dr. SE on the Grady Campus on:
• Thursday, June 7 from 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Thursday, June 14 from 8 a.m.-9 a.m.
Any Emory employee is welcome to attend these sessions.
Questions will focus on each aspect of the charge of the committee, which is examining:
• The effect of class and status on working relationships at Emory;
• The role of Emory as an employer in the nonacademic labor market;
• Impediments or pathways to advancement, promotion and engagement of nonacademic employees;
• Ethical principles that should guide Emory as an employer and current and preferred practices in meeting those principles.
Each focus group of six to eight employees will be facilitated jointly by a member of the Employee Council and a member of the Committee on Class and Labor. All responses will be held in strict confidence and recorded in writing with complete anonymity.
There is no need to RSVP to participate in a focus group.