Take Note >>
The Emory Clinic enhances employee access
Emory Report | April 6, 2012
Two programs, the Emory Employee Appointment Line and Emory's Patient-Centered Primary Care Clinic, have been improved to expedite employee access to Emory health care providers and facilities.
8-EVIP: Emory Employee Appointment Line
The Emory Employee Appointment Line at 404-778-EVIP (3847) has been revised and restructured.
"No longer do you need to know the numerous call center numbers to access care," says Doug Morris, CEO and director of The Emory Clinic. "Now one simple number is all you need to dial: 8-EVIP."
Other enhancements include:
• Senior level call agents answering the 8-EVIP line 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Non-urgent appointments will be scheduled within 14 days with the first available provider.
• Urgent appointments will be clinically reviewed to be scheduled within a medically appropriate time frame. This may include a referral to Emory University's Express Care Clinic.
Patient-Centered Primary Care Clinic
The Emory Patient-Centered Primary Care Clinic, launched last summer, emphasizes personalized medicine and greater coordination of care via care teams.
"It is ideal for patients looking to establish a relationship with a primary care physician," says Emory Clinic President and COO Don Brunn, "and particularly beneficial to those with chronic conditions."
The clinic features:
• Enhanced access, including phone visits and secure e-mail correspondence.
• Same-day or next-day appointments available after a patient's initial visit.
• Coordinated care between all providers and specialists.
• Partnership between the care team, patient and family members to set health goals.
Emory's Patient-Center Primary Care Clinic is open to all Emory employees and their adult family members covered under an Emory medical plan and Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO members.
For more information, call 404-778-2050 or visit the website.