'Refresh From Stress' wellness program returns with even more reasons to join
Emory Report | Oct. 8, 2019
Once again, the Faculty Staff Assistance Program and Healthy Emory are partnering on ‘Refresh from Stress: 30 Day Inspiration’ to encourage faculty and staff to find simple ways to improve stress management and resilience.
Are you ready for a stress break? It’s not too late to join “Refresh From Stress: 30-day Inspiration” and reap the benefits of enhanced emotional health and well-being.
Refresh from Stress continues through Oct. 30. Participants use fun and easy activities to help improve stress management and resilience.
Why participate? There are lots of reasons:
- This year, the program is even more flexible than in years past. You may choose from the suggested activities for the weekly themes or create your own. If you prefer to focus on one particular activity, you can repeat it multiple days instead of choosing different activities.
- Use the Heathy Emory Connect platform to quickly access your daily activities and experience new ways to practice self-care, mindfulness, social connections, gratitude and resilience.
- Most activities are quick, yet can have positive, lasting health benefits. Post-program survey responses from the 2018 program showed:
- 88 percent reported being better equipped to practice stress management
- 86 percent experienced increased emotional well-being
- 68 percent reported improved work productivity
- 94 percent said Refresh from Stress was a valuable program and they would participate again
- Refresh from Stress builds a sense of teamwork, collaboration and engagement with others
- You can earn points toward health plan incentives on Healthy Emory Connect and also be eligible to win great
Need more encouragement? Here’s what several 2018 participants shared:
- “I’ve gained so much personal wealth from this program. Thank you! I’m a first-time participant and will do it again!”
- “Love the [refresh] walk outdoors! We need more fresh air!”
- “This educated, energized and strengthened my resolve to do better.”
- “I think the activities get better every year and I hope you continue the program, even if some of us only access a few of the activities, it is worthwhile.”
Registration is ongoing on Healthy Emory Connect. If you are not already registered in Healthy Emory Connect, you will need to join the platform in order to register for Refresh from Stress and be eligible for points and prizes.