ADVISORY: President Carter to hold annual town hall at Emory Sept. 16
Sept. 16, 2015
Update: Carter Town Hall - Media Parking
Updated September 16 at 12:01 p.m.
- TV trucks will not be allowed to park in the driveway in front of the Woodruff P.E. Center, 600 Asbury Circle.
- Trucks will be directed to park about 200 yards from the Woodruff P.E. Center on Asbury Circle.
- All other media should park as previously directed in the Peavine Parking Deck or Peavine Visitor Parking Lot, 29 Eagle Row, behind the Woodruff P.E. Center.
- Be prepared for security check-in and equipment inspection inside the venue.
- Media registration for this event is now closed.
Originally posted September 14
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, University Distinguished Professor at Emory, will host his 34th Carter Town Hall meeting for Emory University freshmen at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16, in the Woodruff P.E. Center, 600 Asbury Circle, on the Emory campus. The event is not open to the public. Media seating will be available.
After opening remarks by Emory President James Wagner and Senior Vice President and Dean of Campus Life Ajay Nair, Carter will answer written questions from students Media will not be able to ask questions. He will answer as many questions from students as the one-hour timeframe permits.
• Media Registration and Credentials: This is a ticketed event with limited media seating. Media representatives planning to attend must register online by 5 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 15. Freelancers must have a verifiable assignment from a recognized media outlet.
Members of the media planning to attend must be registered and present press credentials and a photo ID at the door for admittance and reserved seating.
• Media Seating: Risers will be available for video cameras to the right and left of the stage. Seating for other media will be available on the first two rows to the left of the stage. Mult-boxes will be available in all media locations.
• Arrival: Due to security requirements and limited seating, it is recommended that media representatives arrive by 6:30 p.m. Media areas will be available starting at 6 p.m. Do not bring any extra bags, purses, briefcases, etc. All bags and equipment will need to be scanned.
• Parking: Parking will be available in the Peavine Parking Deck or Peavine Parking Visitor Lot, 29 Eagle Row, behind the Woodruff P.E. Center.
• TV Trucks: Limited parking for television trucks will be available in the driveway located at the front entrance of the Woodruff P.E. Center, 600 Asbury Circle.