Take Note >>
Unsung Heroines to get awards
Emory Report | Feb. 25, 2014
The Center for Women at Emory will present its 2014 Unsung Heroine awards at the 2014 Women and Gender Awards on Thursday, March 6, at 6 p.m. at the Miller Ward Alumni House.
The awards “celebrate the extraordinary women of Emory” and will honor five women who have “demonstrated extraordinary dedication to issues that affect women at Emory or in the larger community, but whose efforts heretofore have not received accolades or formal recognition,” according to the Center for Women.
The CWE also will present its 2014 Student Writing Awards to honor an undergraduate and graduate student for their scholarship on women's and gender issues. The winners will be announced at the ceremony.
The 2014 Unsung Heroines are:
- Nowmee Shehab16C, undergraduate student
- Samantha Allen 15G, graduate student
- Jonelle Shields, Emory Healthcare staff member
- Lauren Bernstein, Student Health Services assistant director, University staff member
- Pamela Scully, professor of Women's studies and African studies, faculty member
- Laura Balser 94B 01MBA, alumna