Freshman tips: How to get the most out of your time at Emory
Aug. 22, 2012
Emory faculty and staff discuss what students should expect when they start classes, difficulties students may have to overcome and recommendations for getting the most out of their time at Emory intellectually.
A few are below:
Be ready for new experiences, meeting new people and hearing new ideas.
- Robin Forman, Dean of Emory College of Arts and Sciences
Office hours are perhaps the best place to truly learn, understand and wrestle with ideas and concepts.
– Michael Leo Owens, professor of political science
It's vital not to procrastinate.
– Patrick Allitt, professor of American history
Be active [in class].
– Scott Lilienfeld, professor of psychology
Never underestimate the power of sleep.
– Bobbi Patterson, professor of pedagogy