Expert: David Howard
David Howard, PhD, is an associate professor of health policy and management at Emory’s Rollins School of Public Health. Dr. Howard’s research focuses on the value of early detection in improving cancer survival rates and the impact of quality on a patient’s choice of health care provider.
He says there are benefits to the new health care legislation, such as increasing the continuity of insurance coverage and funding for comparative effectiveness research, but he is concerned about the fiscal impact of the legislation and its lack of long-term cost controls for Medicare.
404-727-5692 (Melva Robertson, media relations) office
More on David Howard »
Oct. 2, 2013
Nov. 5, 2012
Common knee procedures drop 47 percent in Florida after studies find them ineffective for osteoarthritis
Oct. 11, 2012
July 31, 2012
June 29, 2012
Related Resources »
Past Media Coverage »
- Wisconsin Public Radio - "Supreme Court Rules on Affordable Care Act"
- 11 Alive - "Chat Transcript: Do You Have Questions About Health Care Reform?"
- LA Times - "Another example of over-screening for breast cancer"
- USA Today - "Patients bear brunt as cancer care spending hits $90 billion"
- WalletPop - "Health care debate really about control"