Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital Auxiliary donates $500,000 to hospital
Woodruff Health Sciences Center | Nov. 9, 2015
Mary Beth Spence
Senior Manager, Media Relations
Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital Auxiliary presented a check in the amount of $500,000 to Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, which will use the donation for the renovation of the Main Lobby as well as the lobby of the hospital's new Orthopaedic and Spine Pavilion, slated to open in January 2016.
Since its founding in 1951, the Auxiliary has served patients and families by supporting the hospital with donations of more than $6 million dollars. These monetary gifts have been used to purchase hospital equipment, furnishings for various areas, Courtesy Carts to transport visitors on campus, the Mobile Mammography Unit and more.
Auxiliary members volunteer in a variety of areas around the hospital including transportation, admissions, greeting patients and families arriving for surgery or doctor's appointments, providing directions for visitors on campus, operating the gift shop and assisting nursing units and physicians.
Last year, the 400-plus member organization logged more than 59,000 hours of service at Emory Saint Joseph's. The Auxiliary recently celebrated surpassing a record-breaking million-plus hours of service since the organization's inception.
For more information about volunteering with the Emory Saint Joseph's Auxiliary, call 678-843-7292.