2012 Annual Report's interactive format fosters community engagement
Emory Report | Feb. 10, 2013
Emory University's 2012 Annual Report is newly available online at www.emory.edu/annualreport2012.
This year's online report uses a single-page, responsive design developed by Emory Creative Group to offer new ways to view and interact with the narrative, multimedia and financial data. The presentation makes it easy for readers to browse the report on mobile as well as desktop devices.
"An institution's annual report provides a high-level synopsis of achievements, priorities and financial data," said Ron Sauder, Vice President for Communications and Marketing. "We wanted community members to be able to engage more creatively with this important information to foster openness about the issues we're facing in higher education today."
Emory's 2012 Annual Report identifies nine institutional priorities within three broad areas.
1. Engaging the community
- Empower faculty responsibility for the future of the university
- Implement the Business Practice Improvement initiative
- Refine Emory's global strategy
2. Enhancing the education Emory provides
- Strengthen Emory College of Arts and Sciences
- Enhance the student experience in the classroom and beyond
- Capitalize on Emory's literary assets
3. Responding to a changing world
- Respond creatively to financial realities in the Woodruff Health Sciences Center
- Build on our productive partnership with the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Explore new markets for resource growth
The report also takes stock of the university's progress with specific goals of the 10-year strategic plan begun in 2005. It outlines steps for wrapping up that initiative and beginning the next phase of strategic planning.