Take Note >>
Facts and figures report shows WHSC's healthy impact
Emory Report | April 24, 2012
The Woodruff Health Sciences Center (WHSC) has issued its 2012 facts and figures booklet, a by-the-numbers look at each of its six educational, research and health care components, including Emory Healthcare, the most comprehensive health system in the state.
Here are some highlights from "Woodruff Health Sciences Center: At A Glance 2012," which follows the numbers this year.
• 22,356 employees
• 2,681 faculty
• 1,550 affiliated faculty
• 5,072 students and trainees
• $5.5 billion economic impact on metro Atlanta
Emory Healthcare has:
• 14,582 staff employees
• 1,918 hospital beds, including joint ventures
• 51,284 annual inpatient hospital admissions
• More than 60 physician practice locations in Georgia in addition to six hospital-based clinics and eight outpatient imaging, three physical therapy, and three dialysis sites.
For a breakdown on the numbers, information from the schools, maps and more, download the annual report (PDF) or view it online. To obtain print copies (available after April 27, supplies limited), contact Carol Pinto.